Raise Your Helping Hand
The Children’s Park at Germantown and Southampton Avenues, also known as Jenks Playground, is one of Chestnut Hill’s greatest treasures.
The Park is maintained by Friends of the Children’s Park in Chestnut Hill, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, which appreciates the generosity and involvement of people like you.
Built by community volunteers over two decades ago, this distinctive playground and gardens are enjoyed by Jenks students, residents, and visitors from afar throughout the year. The playground is maintained by an all-volunteer Friends of the Children’s Park board.
How You Can Help
- Learn more about our capital campaign and contribute by credit card, donate via PayPal, or send a check.
Become a Volunteer
- Join us for the fall and spring clean-up and mulch spreading events (and get Weavers Way Coop hours too!).
Join Our Board
- We are looking for individuals with a passion for our mission ~ to encourage physical and social development in our safe, beautiful community playground.
News & Events
- Jenks Playground Receives Generous Grant“Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our children. … These are the basic values that we all share, regardless of race,Continue reading “Jenks Playground Receives Generous Grant”
- Jenks Playground Closes the Old Year, Opens the New YearThe Children’s Park of Chestnut Hill is finishing 2021 with capital improvements, but they’re far below what they need to keep the playground operational inContinue reading “Jenks Playground Closes the Old Year, Opens the New Year”
- ￼Planning for the Next 25 Years of Jenks Children’s ParkAs a young family, we were lucky to have chosen Chestnut Hill to begin our lives together. It had everything we could ask for, aContinue reading “￼Planning for the Next 25 Years of Jenks Children’s Park”
Become a Volunteer
Many hands make light work. We could use your help. Please contact us for more info.